How To Fix Windows Key or WinKey Not Working on Windows 10?
The Windows key is an essential item for your Keyboard:
it participates in numerous shortcuts and evokes your Start menu
As you can see, this key is incredibly useful, and it can irritate any Windows 10 user if it does not work
While there could be many explanations for windows key not working windows 10, we researched the matter extensively and compiled a detailed list of proven tips on how to repair the Windows key
So, look at them all because we think we’ve managed to solve your problem
In case something goes wrong, it is to protect them against a potential loss.
For doing so, a storage unit or a cloud service should be used externally. You can also transfer your files to a different laptop
To back up the registry because many of the corrections contain registry changes
- Click on the Windows logo icon, Run, Type Register, and click Enter to type registration editor
- Pick Export and navigate to Data
- Head to the list of exports. Have Everything
- Pick where you want your backup file to be protected
- Select Save and Sign it
When things don’t go as planned, you can restore and rerun your Windows Registry backup file
- Using the instructions above to open the Registry Editor
- Head to Import navigation. Choose your file for backup
As you have been careful to make sure your registry is secure and secured from irreparable harm, you can quickly repair your Windows logo key
See if the hardware is a problem
However, a delicate piece of hardware is your Keyboard. And at any given moment it can go haywire.
In that way, make sure that it isn’t faulty at this moment.
Check that any time you press the Windows logo key, its functions can not be performed.
See if your Keyboard is functioning well with other keys
Check if you are using an external keyboard that it is connected to another host to have the same windows ten windows key not workin .
The argument is that the unit may need to be replaced
See the start menu for your Start
Check now if there is any access to your Start tab
The thing is, you may have been fooled by the belief that your Windows logo key is working incorrectly when you have the Start screen
Let’s first try and trigger the following in your Start menu
- Right-click on the taskbar icon of your Windows logo
- From the menu, pick Run
- Recording style (no quotes)
- Go to CurrentVersion\Exploration\Advanced Go to the right panel and click on them. Go to CurrentVersion\Advanced Panels
- Choose New-> 32-bit value of DWORD
- Name it the ActivateMenu. Label it
Disable System’s gaming mode
It can be in-game mode if you use a computer keyboard. You can do it without your Windows key.
Using the key for Win Lock
Most keys have a unique key designed to trigger or deactivate the Windows logo.
You may accidentally have pressed Win Lock and your Windows logo key disabled.
You can quickly overcome this issue by pressing the Win Lock key again if you do
Deactivate the choice Filter Key
This function causes your Keyboard to miss brief or repetitive keystrokes that could lead to your WinKey problem in Windows 10.
Using the instructions below to deactivate filter keys
- Click the icon of your Start menu right-clicks
- Choose Menu Settings
- Navigate and click on Quick Access
- Click the Keyboard and go to the left window
- Find the function filter keys
- Turn it off. Turn it off
In Windows Registry allow the logo key for Windows
The recorded result of this registry change is ‘WinKey not working (Windows 10).’ What are you going to do here
- select Run as the start line
- Form regedit without the Registry Editor starting quotes
- Then traverse the currentControlSet / Control\Keyboard Configuration to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM
- See Scancode Map in the right row
- Just right-click and select Delete
Rerun your Windows 10
It is said that this easy trick has WinKey on its track for many users. How you can do this.
- Open your task management. You can use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Esc shortcut for this purpose
- Browse to the tab Info
- Explorer.exe search. Right-click on it and select End mission. Your computer will be black after this process. Don’t be upset – this is part of the remedy
- Open again, your Project Manager
- Click file—Press link. From the drop-down menu pick Exercise new mission
- The New Task Fenster is established. Enter ‘explorer.exe‘ (excluding quotes)
- Press Enter.
fn key not working windows 10
To fix the problem of fn key not working windows 10, Tap on the Start button and pick “Mobility Center” to access it on Windows 10 or 8.1. Press Windows Key + X on Windows 7.
You can see the “Fn Key Actions” option, which may also be available in your computer manufacturer’s keyboard configuration tool
shift key not working windows 10
Some users get rid of the main problem of Shift by upgrading their operating system on Windows.
You should try this way to fix the problem and avoid it.
Automatic updates are enabled on Windows 10, but an update or two can still be skipped
Click Windows Key+I on your Keyboard to open the settings
How do you fix ctrl key not working windows 10
- Simultaneously click ctrl+alt+fn
- Try uninstalling the driver, reinstalling and reinstalling the computer
- Try repairing the plug on the Keyboard on your computer
How do you fix the backspace key not working windows 10?
You will need to upgrade Windows 10, in the hope that your key will be backed up to Chrome and other programs if your Keyboard is excellent and you improve their drivers, test its settings, but Baggage may stop working for unknown reasons
How to fix the print screen key not working windows 10?
Many background applications, such as OneDrive, Snippet or Dropbox, etc.
Will take over the Print Screen Key and prevent screenshots from being taken on the device.
If the F or F Lock key is on your Keyboard, the Windows 10 Print Screen will cause them to fail, as the Print Screen key can be switched off.
If so, press F Mode or F Lock again to trigger the Print Screen key
How to fix windows 10 product key not working?
In certain situations, when trying to enable Windows 10, you can experience other problems.
Perhaps you can fix the problem by resetting the license status if your activation key does not work.
Close Command Prompt and restart the machine after the instruction is executed.
Seek to reactivate Windows until your device restarts
Michelle is a substance essayist, child-rearing consultant, and distributed writer with energy for music, promoting, travel, innovation and the strange. He is a computerized promoting individual with a foundation in content, SEO, PR, and email and online life advertising. He skills in little to medium business development.